“After all,” I blurted, “God generally does a good job!”
What I didn’t dare say aloud was this: When I believe He isn’t doing a good job I step in to save the day! Have you ever felt this way? In response, have you begun taking the wheel of your life and marriage from God? How is that working for you?
It’s dangerous to think we can do a better job than God. It smacks of idolatry and yet so many of us blindly try to run our own lives when the road we’re travelling is dark and scary. Sadly, our independent efforts always leads to bondage and pain. We cannot effect a better outcome than God!
How can we avoid this fleshly tendency?
Turn to God and receive His wisdom and power for your marriage. How?
- Be Still–Quiet your anxious thoughts concerning all the details of the problems that affect your marriage.
- Worship–Thank God for Who He is, what He’s done, and what He will do.
- Read the Bible–Focus on a word or phrase that speaks to you in a personal way and allow it to alter your behavior.
- Pray–Communicate with God by telling him your fears and listening for His guidance.
It’s the icy pavement, the unexpected things in life, that can send us careening off the High Way into Life’s ditches. This is an OPPORTUNITY to recognize that you’re incapable of running your life well.
Only in turning to God will you experience
- and Wisdom for your marriage
But you need to let go.
Will you let go of the wheel?
Please go to Facebook and share the following: Why is it difficult for you to trust God with your marriage? Which of the 4 steps listed above do you think will help you relinquish control? Which has helped you in the past? What was the result?